Sacramento has a lot to offer. Its central location in Northern California, almost year-round sunny weather, business-friendly environment, high standard of living, and lasting small-town charm make the city irresistible to homebuyers and investors alike.
Sacramento is California’s capital and sixth largest city, with an estimated population of 500,000. Located right where the Sacramento and American rivers meet,the city is steeped in history and has an identity that has evolved with the times.
In addition to being the state’s seat of government, Sacramento has been a gold rush town, a railroad town, California’s agricultural center, and even a military hub. It’s also known as the “City of Trees” for the lush canopy lining its streets. The city today is a proud melting pot of cultures, identities, and interests.
Real estate in Sacramento
There’s a home for everyone in Sacramento. With a rich history that dates all the way back to 1850, the city is a living showcase of various architectural styles. There are several historic neighborhoods with well-preserved housing stock – drive around and you’ll see elegant Greek Revivals, ornate Queen Anne and Italianate houses, charming Tudor Revivals, and low-profile Prairie-style homes, among many others.
There’s no shortage of more recent as well as contemporary architectural styles as well, including mid-century modern and neo-traditional. Not in the market for a single-family home?There’s also a wide variety of condominiums and apartments,particularly in the lively Downtown and Midtown areas, as well as a sprinkling of townhomes.
Quick facts: Sacramento, CA
Total area: 101.1square miles
Climate: Hot-summer Mediterranean
Population: 495,234 (2016 Census)
Population density: 4,900/sq. mi.
Accessibility: Approx. 1.5 hours from San Francisco Bay Area by car
15-25 minutes from Sacramento International Airport
Main highways: Interstate 80, Interstate 5, US Highway 50, Business 80, California State Highway 99, California State Highway 160
Living in Sacramento
As the state capital, Sacramento offers exceptional access to government services and top-performing schools. It also has a wealth of recreational venues. Need a quick guide on how to live it up in Sacramento? We’ve got you covered!
Sacramento takes pride in being America’s farm-to-fork capital. There are around1.5 million acres of farmland across Greater Sacramento,which makes the regionthe country’s largest agricultural producer. So it’s not surprising that some of the best dining destinations, from iconic cafés to craft breweries, are found here.
- The Kitchen – One of the first restaurants to champion Sacramento’s farm-to-fork movement.
- Mulvaney’s B&L – Home of hand-crafted, gourmet menus that are updated daily, in sync with each passing season.
- Dawson’s Steakhouse – Located in one of Sacramento’s top hotels, this restaurant is a local institution in fine dining.
- Old Soul Co. – True to its name, this boutique roaster doesn’t bother with gimmicks; just good, old fashioned coffee.
- Ruhstaller–”Breaking rules since 1881,” this brewer turns California hops into signature beers.
Where to go and what to do to unwind in Sacramento? Here are some of the more unusual spots:
- de Vere’s Irish Pub – The night scene doesn’t have to be all about clubs. Go here for more laid-back unwinding.
- The Grand Wine Bar – A quiet, cozy corner of the Downtown Sacramento nightlife scene.
- Oishii Sushi Bar and Karaoke Lounge – You won’t find this one unless you knew where to look, but you’ll be glad when you do.
- Coin-op Game Room – Missing the classic arcade games of the ’80s and ’90s? This is the place for you.
Sacramento is home to the first suburban shopping mall in the US, so the city definitely has shopping in its DNA. Here’s where to go if you’re looking to update your closet or find a cool gift.
- Old Sacramento – Dozens of small, locally owned stores serve up everything from antiques to apparel.
- Town and Country Village – An outdoor, village-type shopping center that features beloved brands and stores.
- Arden Fair – One of Sacramento’s premier shopping malls, with over 165 stores.
- Evangeline’s – This novelty and practical joke shop is one of the most unique shopping experiences you’ll find anywhere.
Luxury homes and real estate options in Sacramento
We at Cornerstone Real Estate are eager to help you find your ideal home or investment property in Sacramento. We guarantee that our full-scale real estate services will cover all your needs. Give me, Mani del Rosario, a call at 916-949-9499, or email me at email@example.com!
New Homes for Sale in Sacramento CA
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.